If you are looking for a tinnitus treatment, we have some information that will help you in your search. If you are looking for a cure, you can stop looking as there is no real cure for tinnitus (ringing or other sounds in your ear(s)). Just ask your doctor. They will admit right away that tinnitus cannot be cured.
Tinnitus is not a disease, therefore you cannot cure it. Tinnitus cannot be pass from person to person. Tinnitus is a sympton that is caused by something else. So instead of focusing your search for a tinnitus cure, you should be seeking a tinnitus treatment. By ‘tinnitus treatment’, you are actually looking at ways to minimize the tinnitus. To do this requires a change in your mindset and the approach to tinnitus treatment.
Now don’t get depressed just because there is no cure for tinnitus. Most people just go on living with this constant noise in their ear(s).
List of Some Tinnitus Treatment
* Acupuncture – By inserting thin needles to specific pressure points in the body, this will bring the body back into a balanced state.
* Hypnosis – Hypnotizing a tinnitus sufferer to take their mind off the tinnitus noise.
* Cochlear Implants – This hearing aid-like electrical device that you wear in the ear which electrically suppressess the tinnitus noise.
* Masking Techniques – Using soothing sounds to “mask” out the tinnitus noise.
* Reduce Stress – Some tinnitus noise are caused by stress. So resolve the cause of your stresss. You can use yoga and meditation to help relax your body.
* Homeopathy – Use of natural herbs/remedies as a tinnitus treatment. This area has shown to be the most effective in terms of positive results to tinnitus sufferers.
* Lifestyle Changes – Another area of tinnitus treatment is to eat more healthy. Avoid food that causes tinnitus or make tinnitus worse. You can note down the food you eat and see if the tinnitus noise increases/decreases.
* TRT (Tinnitus Retraining Therapy – This is the tinnitus treatment most doctors will recommend. This approach ‘retrains’ your brain to ignore the tinnitus noise.
* Laser Treatment – To re-strengthen the damaged ear nerve endings.
Which Tinnitus Treatment?
The above shows the various approaches to tinnitus treatment. Which one should you choose? Before following the above tinnitus treatments, visit your doctor or an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist to determine if there are any physical damages. You may be surprised that a dislodged earwax could be the cause of your tinnitus noise.
If the results indicates that there is nothing wrong with you, the next step is determining the cause of your tinnitus. It is important to educate yourself to understand the various causes and treatments of tinnitus.
You have a choice. You can either continue living with your tinnitus and do nothing, or you can take action to learn what works as tinnitus treatment in reducing your tinnitus noise.